Non-Profits are a natural fit for the Marketplace.
Many businesses want to continue supporting non-profits, even with smaller budgets. Accepting Marketplace Trade Dollars allows Non-Profits to keep purchasing power for needed goods and services.
How Can a Non-Profit Earn Trade Dollars?
- Accept Donations
- Get New Sponsors
- Sell Advertising or Underwriting
- List Extra Seats for Conferences and Workshops
- Sell Goods that you Produce
How Can A Non-Profit Spend Trade Dollars?
- Save Cash: Find a new local vendor who accepts Trade Dollars.
- Grow: Start and Improve Programs, Buy Advertising for Events and Campaigns.
- Plan An Event: Lower the cash costs of your Fundraising Events to leave more room in your budget for staffing and service.
- Learn: Keep your staff skills up to date and improving by attending conferences and workshops.
- Employee Benefits: An easy (and free!) employee benefit is to give your employees access to the Marketplace so they can freelance with other VBSR businesses.
Choose a Plan Below and Sign up!
When you choose an account type, you’ll be redirected to our Marketplace Trade Network software to complete registration. You’ll be asked to enter a credit card at the time of sign-up. Please note that your account will be manually approved by a Marketplace team member. You will not be able to log in immediately. You can expect to be given access to your Marketplace account within 48 hours.
- All offers must be 100% Trade Dollars Accepted for the Volunteer or 5 Employee Plan. If you would like to charge cash for partial payments, you’ll need a Basic, Advanced, or Unlimited Account (fees applicable).
- If you choose the Volunteer or 5 Employee Plan with No Cash Fees, we ask that you list “VBSR Marketplace” and “Vermont Resilience Lab” (our legal name) as In-Kind Supporters of your organization.
- All donations of Trade Dollars to 501c3s are treated the same as cash by the IRS.
- All income is taxable and you will get a 1099B in any year you have earnings.
- You are subject to the normal Governance terms, including the requirement to have a professional license if a service requires it and charge sales tax if necessary.
- All accounts require a credit card for verification, even those with no fees. (We know that you’re not a spammer but this was the easiest way for the software to know.)